Missouri truck accidents can turn your life upside-down, leaving you injured and unable to work while unexpected medical bills flood your mailbox. At Beck and Beck, we handle Missouri auto accident law… its all we do. Your recovery may be complete or it may still be ongoing. No matter what stage of your recovery, we’re ready to help.
Auto insurance companies will fight hard to reduce the amount of money they pay you or outright refuse to pay a dime. We’ve seen it all.
The long-term effects of commercial vehicle auto accident injuries can be devastating. Physical and emotional injuries can take months, years or never fully resolve. Our attorneys will work hard for you and your family to ensure you’re fully compensated for everything you’ve endured.
Missouri Commercial Truck Accidents Aren't Your Typical Fender-Fenders
These vehicles are extremely heavy and even a low-speed impact can cause serious injuries. Commercial vehicle drivers serve a valuable and important role in American life. They are very talented drivers, but mistakes happen. The driver of a commercial vehicle has absolutely no control over how their auto insurance company will treat you, the injured victim. These insurance companies are represented by teams of highly qualified attorneys because their customers demand great representation. The price of this insurance is also high, so they demand great attorneys defending them after an accident. Insurance company experts will quickly investigate the scene of the collision, speak to witnesses and examine the police report… why you might ask?
So they can find any way to place blame for causing or contributing to the crash on you. Even a small percentage of fault they can attribute to you may save their company tens of thousands of dollars or more. That’s their job – to pay you as little as possible.
These crashes often involve serious injuries, extensive vehicle damage, and a long list of potentially liable parties that can include trucking companies with powerful legal teams. Sadly, the more losses you've suffered, the harder you can expect a trucking company to fight to avoid paying. Fortunately, you've come to the right place for help.
The auto insurance companies of these commercial vehicles may offer a quick and easy settlement, but you should know that is always going to be a lowball offer. If you don’t have an experienced commercial vehicle accident attorney on your side, you won’t know what is a lowball offer and what is fair value. It’s like trying to sell your car if you don’t know what it is truly worth… you have no way to know if an offer is reasonable.
Free Offer! How to Avoid Mistakes That Will Destroy Your Large Truck or Commercial Vehicle Accident. Click Here.
How Can The Missouri Truck Accident Lawyers of Beck & Beck Help You?
For over 25 years, our family has been fighting for the rights of those injured in commercial vehicle accidents throughout Missouri. Here is a partial list of the things necessary to ensure a commercial vehicle crash case is handled properly:
- Talk to witnesses.
- Have a crash reconstruction expert examine the scene and document any physical evidence.
- Take pictures or video to help illustrate how the crash occurred. Examine and document the skid marks to determine the speed of the at-fault vehicle.
- Secure the vehicles and have them examined by an expert to determine speed and braking time.
- Download the on-board computer system from the at-fault vehicle and evaluate it for helpful information.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if there was a defect which caused or contributed to the injuries.
- Collect the driver’s recent driving logs.
- Determine how long the driver was on the road prior to the crash.
- Examine what happened and why/how it happened.
- Investigate the driver’s crash and traffic ticket history.
- Investigate the company’s driving requirements.
- Determine if the driver’s employer had unfair driving schedule demands which contributed to the cause of the crash.
- Determine if the driver was drinking the night before and if that contributed to the accident.
- Determine if the driver was drinking or intoxicated at the time of the crash.
- Take depositions of witnesses, the at-fault driver, and any passengers in their vehicle.
This is merely a partial list of everything required to properly handle a case against a commercial trucking insurance company. A comprehensive review of each truck accident must occur to fully understand the case. Missing vital information could significantly decrease your financial recovery.
Since semi-trucks have large insurance policies, they have more to lose and their legal teams will fight hard to ensure they receive a beneficial result for their company. They are ruthless and they handle these types of cases every day.
At Beck & Beck, we fight for you. We're the only personal injury firm in Missouri with a sole focus on Missouri auto accident cases and are particularly skilled in handling truck crash claims. When you hire us to represent you, we'll send the trucking company a notice requiring the preservation of essential evidence, then get to work building a strong case for damages. We'll handle everything from A to Z, so all you have to worry about is getting better.
Have You Been Injured in a Missouri Commercial Truck Accident?
If you've been injured in a Missouri truck accident you should speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us online or call our office directly at 314.200.1229 to schedule a free consultation. We help pedestrian accident victims throughout the state of Missouri including Columbia, Springfield, Kansas City, St. Louis, Kirksville and Cape Girardeau.